The Residential Property Tribunal Wales (RPT Wales) is the collective term for certain tribunals dealing with housing disputes.
It is made up of:
- Rent Assessment Committees
- Leasehold Valuation Tribunals; and
- Residential Property Tribunals.
- The RPT Wales is an independent tribunal established by the Housing Act 2004
- the tribunal is funded by the Welsh Government but the tribunal, its members and decisions, are independent of central and local government; and
- the tribunal has two parts; the secretariat and tribunal members. Both work together, during the appeal and claim process doing different jobs. It is the role of the tribunal members to hear and decide applications and appeals. It is the role of the secretariat to carry out administrative duties involving the processing of applications and appeals.